Thursday, May 22, 2014

THE MARKET SPEAKS: EVEN WALL STREET THINKS STAR TREK IS MOVING IN THE WRONG DIRECTION

This is really the first sign that I've seen that supports my theory that, while a lot of people went to see Star Trek Into Darkness, a lot of those viewers didn't actually like it based on worldwide box office and DVD sales, specifically when compared to 2009's Star Trek. So, apparently I am not alone in my disdain.

As a matter of fact, investor Tim Beyers, a member of the Motley Fool Rule Breakers stock-picking team. expressed that and more:



Only time will tell. I hope that I'm wrong about Mr. Orci, but I have no reason to think that I am. For Star Trek 3 to truly succeed – ie: appeal to non-fans while bringing back jaded fans like myself – he'd have to do a complete 180 in terms of story-telling, and I don't think that's likely.

Oh well...

LLAP

Don


No comments:

Post a Comment