Thursday, January 2, 2014

NEW YEAR, SAME MISSION: CELEBRATE STAR TREK!

Whether they acquire action figures, replica phasers or screen-used props and costumes, all Star Trek collectors have one thing in common: a passion for Star Trek. That's what this Blog has always been about – celebrating that passion. This year I hope to do even more stories featuring engaging collectors and their fascination with Trek.

Unfortunately, in my particular corner of the Star Trek collecting universe, there are problems that don't manifest themselves in other facets of Trek. Collecting screen-used stuff can be a mine field, and from what I can tell it's not getting any easier. Too many unscrupulous sellers exaggerate or lie outright about their pieces. As someone who has fallen victim to these tactics in the past, I'm understandably sensitive to them. So this year I'll continue to do my best to try to figure out what's real and what's not, with the help of the many, many people with whom I've had the good fortune to come into contact – people who know far more about different aspects of Star Trek than I ever could.

On that note, I want to extend my sincere thanks to all those who have been invaluable sources of information and inspiration for their help, guidance and support. Without your contributions, I would truly live in ignorance.

So Happy New Year to all my readers (both of you!) and thanks for coming along for the ride! And as always...

Live long and prosper.

Don

No comments:

Post a Comment